Aizawl: Mizoram has reported four new Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, official sources said.
The state’s overall tally has risen to 231 and that of active cases to 81, it said.
The sources further said that the newly infected patients are personnel of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) posted at Lungverh, about 15-km from Aizawl.
They have returned from Assam, Manipur, Haryana and Andhra Pradesh, it said.
The new cases were confirmed at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Sunday night.
Currently, Mizoram has two Covid-19 testing laboratories- one at ZMC near Aizawl and the other at Lunglei civil hospital in the southern part of the state.
According to state information and public relation department that handles updates on Covid-19 cases, a total of 125 samples were tested on Sunday, of which four have come out as positive for Covid-19.
At least 150 people have been discharged from the hospitals after they recovered from the disease, it said.
According to state health department as many as 16,696 samples have been tested till Sunday evening.
Of these, 16,087 were tested at ZMC, 551 at Lunglei civil hospital and the rest 58 were tested in Assam, it said.
Of the total 231 positive cases, 219 were confirmed at ZMC, 11 at Lunglei civil hospital and 1 at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), it added.
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23
- NASA: Hubble discovers 6 massive ‘dead’ galaxies that ran out of gas