Imphal: The total number of COVID-19 cases in Manipur has soared to 1,626 with 17 new fresh cases detected at VRDL of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) on Monday. Of the 17 individuals, seven are male, and the remaining 10 are female.
The individuals who have tested positive in the last 24 hours are from Senapati with nine cases, five from Imphal East and three are from Churachandpur districts, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
They will be shifted to COVID-19 Care Facilities for further treatment. Health officials from the concerned districts have started contact tracing and containment process to prevent the spread of infection.
Meanwhile, with total 74 persons discharged in a single day, the number of recovered patients in Manipur continues to surpass those who are undergoing COVID-19 treatment with 970 and 656 respectively.
The recovered individuals were discharged from COVID-19 Care Center (CCC) of Meitram (10), Tamenglong (28), Thoubal (3), Senapati (6), Ukhrul (5) and COVID-19 Care Facility of JNIMS (22) after they tested negative on RT PCR test.
The recovery rate stands at 59.65 per cent.
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali