Kohima: Nagaland has recorded the highest single-day spike in the number of COVID-19 cases as 71 more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday till the filing of this report.
The new cases were detected to be positive for COVID-19 out of 816 samples that were sent for testing.
State minister of health and family welfare S Pangnyu Phom informed that out of the 71 new cases, 60 persons are from Dimapur, seven from Mon, and four from Kohima.
With the addition of the new COVID-19 cases, the state’s tally crossed 800-mark as compared to 774 on Sunday. As of 10:10 am on Monday, the total number of COVID-19 cases in the state stands at 845.
The number of active cases increased to 518 and the number of recovered cases remains at 327. The last highest single day spike in the state was reported on June 22 when 69 persons were detected as COVID-19 positive.
“Update! Out of 816 samples tested, 71 new +ve cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. 60 in Dimapur, 7 in Mon, 4 in Kohima.
Total State status as of 10: 10 AM, 13th July, 2020.
Positive : 845
Active : 518
Recovered : 327,” Phom tweeted.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31