Guwahati: Troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of the Indian Army, in a joint operation with Assam Police, apprehended an active cadre of ULFA (I) from Tinsukia recently.
The cadre was apprehended near Lalpahar, Lekhapani in Tinsukia district of the state. However, the identity of the militant is yet to be disclosed.
After getting a specific input from an undisclosed sources regarding the presence of an ULFA (I) insurgent, the team of Assam Rifles and Assam Police launched an operation in the area, sources said.
During the search, the joint team was able to identify one insurgent as a self-styled colonel of ULFA(I).
He was later apprehended. The insurgent is also suspected to be the assistant secretary of ULFA(I).
The apprehended militant has now been handed over to Tinsukia Police for further investigations.
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shiva Thapa eyes fresh record at world championship as ‘the senior one’
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24