Guwahati: The government has introduced certain relaxations in the on-going 14-day-Kamrup (Metro) district lockdown
As of July 11, 2020, certain activities are allowed which include operations of the Food Corporation of India with minimum workforce. From Monday to Friday, between 9 am to 4 pm, Courier and e-commerce services, home delivery of poultry and mutton products will be allowed.
On July 11, Saturday, Assam minister for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma had said that the state chief secretary will take the final decision regarding lockdown extension after consultation with the MP, MLAs of Guwahati in this regard on Sunday.
Expressing serious concern over the present situation of the pandemic in Kamrup (M) district, the minister also said that the citizens’ committees across the city have requested the government to extend the lockdown for two weeks.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands