Guwahati: A doctor at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) died, reportedly due to the COVID-19, on Monday.
The 50-year-old doctor has been identified as Dr Jahan Iqbal.
Dr Jahan Iqbal Ahmed, who was working as associate professor, Ophthalmology, GMCH, was having fever with cough and had respiratory distress on Monday.
Dr Jahan Iqbal Ahmed died on way to hospital, Dr Navanil Barua of Guwahati Neurological Research Centre (GNRC), who is also his classmate, announced this in his Facebook page.
It is also reported that the deceased was under treatment at his home.
Dr Navanil Barua in a Facebook post wrote, “With extreme shock and grief , I mourn the passing away of my classmate Jahan Iqbal Ahmed , Assoc Prof , Ophthalmology, GMCH . He was having fever with cough and had respiratory distress today and died on way to hospital.”
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31