Imphal: The total number of confirmed cases for COVID-19 in Manipur reached 1,609 with 16 more persons, including one male and 15 female, testing positive on Sunday.
They belong to the districts of Kangpokpi with six cases, five from Senapati, another three from Imphal East and one each case from Kakching and Chandel.
With this, the accumulative numbers of active and recovered cases in the state are 713 and 896, respectively.
Those persons tested positive in the last 24 hours have been shifted to COVID-19 Care Facilities for further examination and necessary medical precautionary steps are already in place for prevention of spreading the virus, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Also, another 53 more persons have recovered and discharged from COVID-19 Care Center (CCC) after they tested negative on RT PCR test. They are from CCC of Meitram (6), Churachandpur (4), Kakching (2), Senapati (2), Ukhrul (8) and COVID-19 Care Facilities of RIMS (12) and JNIMS (9), it said.
The recovery rate in Manipur has surpassed to active cases with 55.68 per cent.
Since wearing of face mask is a very effective non-medical means to prevent spread of COVID-19, the health officials have also appealed the public to wear mask when they speak to the colleagues, close friends and relatives.
People should wear face mask whenever going out of the house, Dr Mangang said.
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?
- Govt draws flak over appointment of party worker as officer in CMO