New Delhi: Gourangalal Das from Assam is all set to become the India’s new envoy to Taiwan. A 1999 batch officer of the Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Das had worked earlier at Beijing in China.
He is an alumnus of St Stephen’s College in Delhi and will be leaving for Taipei on July 13.
Das’ earlier working experience in Beijing has made him fluent in speaking and writing Mandarin.
Taiwan has now become diplomatically very important after the recent violent standoff between India and China at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh.
India and China had a violent face-off on June 15 at Galwan Valley when Chinese troops tried to forcibly cross into Indian side claiming the area as their own leading to a scuffle between the Indian Army and the Chinese PLA that left 20 Indian soldiers martyred and atleast 43 soldiers of Chinese PLA dead.
- US: ‘Unwavering commitment’ to India as Major defence partner
- Over 82.57 cr COVID vaccine doses given to states, UTs so far: Govt
- World Pharmacist Day: Know why it is celebrated, theme for this year
- COVID-19 recoveries continue to surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- Women’s rights activist Kamla Bhasin passes away at 75
- Nagaland Lottery September 25: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result