New Delhi: India recorded 28,637 new cases in the last 24 hours making it the biggest single-day spike reported in the country so far. With this, the total number of confirmed COVID cases has now gone up to 849,553, according to the latest update from Union health ministry on Sunday.
The total active cases are at 292,258 while cured/migrated cases stand at 534,621. In the last 24 hours, 551 COVID deaths were recorded, taking the death toll to 22,674.
India continues to remain the third worst-hit nation in the world, behind the United States and Brazil.
Meanwhile, in India, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Delhi retain the top 3 spots as three worst COVID hit states, with 246,600 confirmed cases, 134,226 cases and 110,921 cases, respectively.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation