Guwahati: Another three COVID-19 patients admitted in Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Assam succumbed to death on Sunday.
The deceased have been identified as Nilakshi Sing, Arjun Kumar Ajitsaria and Subhawati Devi Maurya.
Informing about the same, state health and family welfare minister tweeted saying: “Very sad to inform that 3 #COVID19 + patients – Smt Nilakshi Sing (40) of Guwahati; Mr Arjun Kumar AjitSaria (63) of Nagaon & Mrs Subhawati Devi Maurya (55) of Guwahati admitted in GMCH Covid ICU succumbed to their critical infections between 11.30 pm and 2 am.
Since the patient’s death wasn’t caused by COVID-19, they are not likely to be counted in the death toll of the highly contagious virus. The death audit board will ascertain whether the cases will be included or not.
As per the last update by Sarma, Assam has recorded 16,071 cases of which 10,426 have been discharged, 5,607 are active, 35 dead and 3 migrated to other states.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP