Guwahati: Two people were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rainfall in 12 Miles, Jorabat on Sunday morning.
According to reports, a the incident took place when large chunk of rocks and soil broke the walls of a house, trapping three persons, of which two died. They have been identified as Bilash Pradhan, 19, and Mohan Ghimire, 20. The trapped person has been rescued by State Disaster Response Force.
Further, it is reported that the deceased were sleeping when the incident took place.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group