Guwahati: Two people were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rainfall in 12 Miles, Jorabat on Sunday morning.
According to reports, a the incident took place when large chunk of rocks and soil broke the walls of a house, trapping three persons, of which two died. They have been identified as Bilash Pradhan, 19, and Mohan Ghimire, 20. The trapped person has been rescued by State Disaster Response Force.
Further, it is reported that the deceased were sleeping when the incident took place.
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM
- Facebook puts Instagram for kids on hold after pushback
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma