Kohima: The Assam Rifles unearthed a huge cache of ammunition near Chedema Village under Kohima district as part of its ongoing crackdown on insurgent groups operating in Nagaland.
Based on specific intelligence regarding a large cache of arms and ammunition, the troops had launched an operation in the area, an update from PRO Defence Lt Col Sumit K Sharma said.
During the search, the troops unearthed a large cache of ammunition on Friday. Three 60 mm Mortar bombs, two M-60 Anti-Tank Rifle Grenades, 390 rounds of 7.62 mm Sniper,109 live rounds of 7.62 mm AK-47, 51 rounds of 7.62 mm Pistol, 3 kg of PEK (explosive) and one AK-47 magazine were recovered.
It informed that the recovered items were handed over to the North Police Station in Kohima for further investigations.
Meanwhile, taking to Twitter, the PRO informed that in a joint operation, the Nagaland police and the Assam Rifles apprehended an active cadre of the NSCN(IM) near BOC, 5th Mile in Dimapur district, Nagaland on July 9. One Point 22mm Pistol, one Mag along with 05 rounds, were recovered.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence