Kohima: With 11 new cases of COVID-19, seven from Kohima, three from Mon and one from Mokochung, the total number of confirmed cases in Nagaland spiked to 743 as of 9:20 am on Saturday.
The 11 new cases of COVID-19 were part of 310 samples that were sent for testing. The total number of active cases has increased to 439, while the number of recovered cases remain at 304.
Taking to Twitter, Health Minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “Update! Out of 310 samples tested, 11 more positive cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. 7 in Kohima, 3 in Mon & 1 in Mokokchung.
Total State status as of 9: 20 AM, 11th July, 2020.
Positive : 743
Active : 439
Recovered : 304”
As reported, the High Powered Committee, following its meeting on Friday has decided to extend the existing lockdown till July 31. The proposal for a total lockdown in Kohima municipal areas for a week was turned down by the committee. After consultations with the medical department and analyzing all relevant facts, they decided that a total lockdown is not “warranted for now in Kohima”.
Mmhonlumo Kikon, Spokesperson of the committee, informed that as and when a positive case is detected, contact tracing and surveillance will be enforced in containment areas. A new containment plan will also be implemented in the state which will have “strict protocols in place”. “Extra efforts” will also be made to do “rigorous tracing and listing” and active surveillance will be conducted to prevent and contain COVID-19.
- DoNER minister lays foundation stone of Parashuram Kund
- Oldest human footprints in North America found in New Mexico
- IIM Shillong hosts 2-day summit on food processing opportunities
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly