Kohima: With five more persons testing positive for COVID-19, the state’s tally hit 748 on Saturday. Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that all five persons are from Tuensang.
Another nine persons also recovered from COVID-19 on Saturday. With this, the number of recovered cases has increased to 313. Phom said all nine patients who have recovered from COVID-19 are from Tuensang Covid-19 care centre (CCC), and that the patients will be kept under strict surveillance.
Earlier, 11 persons — seven from Kohima, three from Mon and one from Mokochung — had tested positive for COVID-19 which took the state’s tally to 743. However, with the addition of five new cases from Tuensang, a total of 16 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the state increasing the number of confirmed cases to 748.
As nine persons recovered from COVID-19 on Saturday, the number of active cases now stands at 435 and the number of recovered cases at 313.
Taking to Twitter, Phom wrote: “Update! 5 more positive cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. All cases are from Tuensang. And another 9 more COVID-19 Patients have recovered from Tuensang Covid-19 Care Centre. However, they will be kept under strict surveillance”.
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Manipur: Ima Keithel re-opens after five months, tributes paid to those lost to Covid-19