Mumbai: A major fire broke out at Indraprastha Shopping Centre located in Borivali West, Mumbai on Saturday. The incident occurred around 3 am and the fire increased by 4 am. However, no injuries have been reported till now.
According to Mumbai Fire Brigade, 14 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
According to ground reports, the fire has now been confined to the basement of the shopping centre along with two other floors of the building.
Chief fire officer P Rahangdale said, “There are ten small engine lines in operation in the basement and one small line on the first floor. We are also using exhaust blower for the operation.”
In June, another fire incident was reported at the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait office at Nariman Point area. Also, a major fire broke out a few days ago in Mumbai’s iconic Crawford Market. No loss of lives were reported in these incidents, said fire brigade officials.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers