Guwahati: Assam chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna has extended the lockdown by a week in Kamrup (Metropolitan) district, under which Guwahati falls. The district was already undergoing a 14-day lockdown, ending on Sunday.
Taking to Twitter, he announced, “Due to the continuing large scale spread of Covid19 occurring in almost the entire district of Kamrup(M),there has been an extension in the period of the prevailing lockdown. Here are the new guidelines that shall come into force with effect from 12th July till 19th July,2020.”
While the lockdown extension will be a stringent one, standalone grocery shops and house-to-house vegetable vending for a limited timing have been permitted from Monday to Friday, in addition to medical services.
E-commerce activities supplying essentials and wholesellers and warehouse of essential items are also allowed to operate.
The new guidelines are effective for all the areas under Kamrup (Metro) with effect from 6 pm on July 12 to 7 pm on July 19.
The prohibited activities are:
- Movement of persons/vehicles except for medical emergency
- All govt offices and private offices shall remain closed
- All business/ commercial establishments/shops, trade activities to remain closed except stand along grocery and stationery shops dealing in personal hygiene goods. They will operate between 9 am to 4 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Industrial establishments to remain closed except those where continuous process is required.
- Public transport/ hospitality services remain suspended
- All educational institutions and religious places to remain closed
- For funerals, no more than 20 people will be permitted
Check the full order below
- Indonesia Open: Sindhu loses in semifinals
- #BlackHoleFriday: What are these extreme objects feasting on?
- India logs 8,318 new coronavirus infections
- Nagaland gears up for Hornbill festival from Dec 1
- Sikkim: 50 MBBS seats reserved for Sikkimese students at SMIMS
- A conspiracy: Kharge on 12 Meghalaya Cong MLAs joining TMC