New Delhi: Masks have now become a daily accessory for all of us given the COVID-19 pandemic situation. However, a jewelry shop in Surat has come up with an idea of selling a diamond-studded mask, each ranging from Rs 1.5 lakh to 4 lakh.
Unlike the gold mask which Pune resident Shankar Kurade recently got custom-made for himself worth Rs 2.89 lakh, the idea for this diamond-studded one came from a customer, said Dipak Choksi, the owner of the jewelry shop.
According to him, after the lockdown was lifted, a customer who had a wedding ceremony at his home came to Choksi’s shop and demanded a unique mask for the groom and the bride. Choksi then assigned his designers to come up with the bejeweled mask design which the customer bought. After this, the owner thought of making a wide range of these masks as, according to him, people will be requiring them in the coming days.
The owner also clarified that the cloth used in the mask is per the guidelines by the government. He added that pure diamonds and American diamonds have been utilised with gold to make these masks. The mask which uses yellow gold along with American diamond costs Rs 1.5 lakh and the other with white gold and real diamond costs Rs 4 lakh.
Also, as an added feature, the diamond and the gold used in the making of these masks can be taken out as per the wish of the customers and can even be used for making other jewelry items.
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested