Guwahati: Assam health department has requested the state chief secretary to extend the ongoing lockdown in Kamrup (M) district amid COVID-19 pandemic for another week.
Announcing this, while addressing media persons in Guwahati on Saturday, Assam minister for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the state chief secretary will take the final decision after consultation with the MP, MLAs of Guwahati in this regard on Sunday.
Expressing serious concern over the present situation of the pandemic in Kamrup (M) district, the minister also said that the citizens’ committees across the city have requested the government to extend the lockdown for two weeks.
“However, considering all these, the state chief secretary will take the decision on Sunday,” the minister said.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion