Guwahati: Assam Police have condoled the recent death of one of its personnel, havildar Hareswar Nath of 16 IRBn, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Twitter, Assam Police said, “With a heavy heart, we are saddened to inform that Hav. Hareswar Nath, 16 IRBn, who tested positive for #CoronaVirus on July 7, 2020 passed away today. Our deepest condolences are with the bereaved family and colleagues.”
Nath (53) was a non-symptomatic patient with no comorbidities; he later succumbed to COVID 19 at IITG COVID care centre. His oxygen levels plummeted to 90 within hours and hence he collapsed.
GP Singh, additional director general of police (ADGP), law and order, also took to Twitter, “Hav. Hareswar Nath, 16 IRBn, who tested positive for #CoronaVirus on July 7, 2020 passed away today. Our deepest condolences with the bereaved family and colleagues. @assampolice rededicates itself to the service of people of Assam.”
ADGP (admin), Assam Police LR Bishnoi and many other senior police officers have also condoled the death of Nath through their tweets.
Meanwhile, 936 persons tested COVID-19 positive in the state till 11.55 pm on Friday. Out of these, 521 persons are from Guwahati alone.
Announcing this, Assam minister for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the number of people who have succumbed to the virus rose to 35.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19