Guwahati: Nine hundred thirty-six persons tested COVID-19 positive in the state till 11.55 pm on Friday. Out of these, 521 persons are from Guwahati alone.
Announcing this, Assam minister for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the number of people who have succumbed to the virus rose to 35.
In his Twitter, minister Sarma said, “Alert ~ 936 new #COVID ve+ cases in Assam, 521 in Guwahati alone.
Times are trying, indeed. With vigilance, precautions & care, we shall overcome.
Total cases 15536
Active cases 5650
11:55 PM/July 10/ Day’s total 936”
According to the updates given by the minister at 9.560 pm., on Friday, altogether 701 patients have been discharged in Assam.
The total number of patients discharged in Assam till date in 9,848, while 4,714 are active.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands