Kohima: With 23 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s tally for COVID-19 cases nears 700-mark. Out of the new cases that were reported on Friday, 14 are from Kohima, seven from Dimapur, and one each from Wokha and Phek.
The addition of the new cases has taken the state’s tally to 696. As of 8:50 am on Friday, Nagaland recorded 696 confirmed cases out of which 392 are active cases and 304 are recovered cases.
Taking to Twitter, Nagaland Health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “Update! 23 fresh positive cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. 14 in Kohima, 7 in Dimapur, 1 each in Wokha & Phek.
Total State status as of 8: 50 AM, 10th July, 2020.
Positive : 696
Active : 392
Recovered : 304.”
Meanwhile, an update from DEF Mon on Thursday said that on July 2, inmates at St Francis School Tizit, Quarantine Center “started fighting among themselves, destroyed school property and disturbed the peace in the Quarantine Center”.
In informed that in this connection, a case was registered at Tizit PS and six persons namely: Yongong Konyak son of Ayan; Noke Konyak, son of Nokpon Konyak; Ranpha, son of Nokyon; Wanglak Konyak, son of Ato Konyak; Yato Konyak son of Shomwang; and Wangong, son of Ngeangwang Konyak have been arrested and sent to Judicial Custody after completion of their institutional Quarantine Period.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art