New Delhi: In these times of COVID-19 pandemic around the world, social distancing has become the new normal among all of us. Even during our day to day lives, it has become extremely important to maintain proper distance from each other to minimise the spread of novel coronavirus among us.
In an an effort to promote and ensure social distancing among people, the Signal and Telecommmunication Department of the Thiruvananthapuram Division of Indian Railways have come up with an innovative device that can sense if two persons are maintaining proper social distancing or not and sounds an alarm alerting the individuals.
In a tweet by the official account of Ministry of Railways, the video demonstration shows exactly how the device works and alerts people around it when proper physical distance is not maintained between each other. The device has been named as ‘Social Distancing Ensuring Device’. The device starts beeping continuously when someone comes close to another person in presence of the device.
Watch the video here that explains how the device works:
Since the time this video was tweeted by Ministry of Railways, it has been viewed more than 39,000 times and the tweet has got 427 retweets. 219 comments and 1,800 likes till now.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs