Tinsukia: A team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) is camping in Dimapur to interrogate two senior cadres of the National Socialist Council of Nagalim – Isac Muviah (NSCN-IM) and their accomplices. They were arrested by a joint team of Nagaland police and Assam Rifles on July 4.
The four, self-styled colonel Rayilung Nsarngbe, treasurer in prime minister’s office of NSCN (IM), Rabi Pame, Zingring Mung and Vimal Kumar Jain are allegedly part of an extortion racket. They were arrested with cash running into crores, arms and ammunitions and explosives.
Refuting media reports, the PRO of NIA Sonia Narang said, “A team of the agency is present in Dimapur and interrogating the accused.”
“Nagaland police has provided all assistance to NIA,” added Narang.
A source in NIA told this correspondent, that, preliminary interrogation report suggests that this racket is a tip of iceberg and part of a larger conspiracy. Few high profile persons are linked to it directly or indirectly.”
“Our team at Dimapur is on the job. We have unearthed some crucial information and are working on the leads,” he added..
According to a source, the operation runs beyond Nagaland, and huge amount of extortion money was collected in the past year. “Security forces are tracking the money trail which is allegedly used in militant activities and a portion routed through certain companies for various investments.
According to a source, NIA is preparing to take over the case. “A notification from the home ministry is likely to be out very soon to hand over the case to NIA officially.”
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- NASA: 9 million images, 5 decades of research and the Landsat legacy
- India thanks New York authorities for returning over 150 antiquities
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Assam govt failed victims of Baghjan oil well blowout: Congress