Shillong: Twenty-eight persons from the BSF campus in Umpling area of Shillong tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, taking the total number of active cases in Meghalaya to 95.
Taking to Twitter, Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma said, “28 persons from BSF campus in Umpling area of Shillong have tested positive. All are under quarrantine.”
The rise of cases on the BSF campus can now be seen as a community transmission, said director of health services Dr Aman War.
Earlier on Thursday, East Khasi Hills DC Matsiewdor War had issued an order that the entire Ftr HQr BSF Campus, Umpling has been declared as a containment zone.
The order stated that it is necessary to declare the entire Ftr HQr BSF Campus, Umpling as a containment zone so as to restrict unregulated entry and exit to and from the site with measures for due compliance by the public.
It stated that any violation of this order shall entail prosecution under the penal provision of Disaster Management Act, 2005 and IPC.
Meghalaya has so far recorded a total of 95 active COVID-19 cases, 45 recovered cases and 2 deaths.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre