Guwahati: 568 new COVID-19 positive cases were detected in Assam on Thursday, out of these 355 patients are from Guwahati city alone. The number of patients who have succumbed to the virus has risen to 27.
The state government has requested the people of Guwahati not to panic, take proper care and follow all protocols to prevent the disease.
Announcing this, Assam minister for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma said, “Alert ~ 568 new #COVID19 patients recorded in Assam today, with 355 patients from Guwahati City alone.
I advise Ghy people not to panic & take proper care
Total cases 14600
Active cases 5423
11:25 PM/July 09/ Day’s total 568”.
Meanwhile, in a significant development, the state health department has started plasma therapy for the patients in the state.
The plasma was administered to a patient in the presence of Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma along with the senior doctors of the department at an intensive care unit (ICU) of the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) on Thursday night.
Announcing this, minister Sarma said, “Compliments to our doctors as we started #plasmatherapy today. I am glad I joined the doctors and nurses on the occasion of administering of first plasma at GMCH ICU. #Plasma therapy offers us good hope.
I urge all potential donors to come forward and donate their plasma.”
- World Rhino Day: Assam burns largest Rhino horns’ stockpile to bust myths
- Manipur: 22-year-old in jail for ‘Modi’s faeces’ comment on CM’s Facebook
- Bhabanipur bypoll: BJP stopped from campaigning near Mamata’s house
- In a first, Bengal to count big herbivores during tiger census
- Nagaland: NSCN-K Niki Sumi cadre arrested at Chumukedima
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients