Guwahati: Another three COVID-19 patients passed away in Assam on Friday, taking the state’s death toll to 35. With the new deaths, Assam reported 8 fatalities on Friday itself, the highest in a single day.
The three deceased were admitted to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH). They have been identified as Ashok Jain (63), Vinod Kumar (47) and Dipali Dutta (65).
Announcing the same on Twitter, state health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote, “Sad & anguished to inform that 3 #COVID patients – Sri Ashok Jain (63) of Athgaon, Sri Vinod Kumar (47) of Jalukbari & Mrs Dipali Dutta (65) of Sarumataria admitted at GMCH succumbed to their infection today. They had severe pnuemonia & were on invasive ventilation.
Earlier on Friday, Hav. Hareswar Nath of 16th IRBn, a non-symptomatic patient with no co-morbidities, succumbed to COVID-19 at IIT-G COVID care centre. His oxygen levels plummeted to 90 within hours and he collapsed.
Also, four others admitted to GMCH ICU passed away. They were identified as Rakhal Deb (42), Ramesh Kayastha (68), Sukhamay Bhowmik (72), and Arahi Baruah Saikia (70).
According to the last update given by the health minister on Thursday night, Assam has a total of 14,600 reported cases of which 5423 are active, 9147 discharged, 27 dead and 3 migrated.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion