Itanagar: Due to incessant rainfall, a landslide killed four persons at Modi Rijo village in 6 Kilo area of Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday.
The incident happened on Friday afternoon in which one person also got injured, informed Capital Complex SP Tumme Amo.
“The police and SDRF team have retrieved 3 dead bodies (till filling of the report) and efforts are being made to retrieve one more body,” said the SP.
Earlier on Friday, four of a family were buried alive in a landslide, triggered by incessant rains, in Tigdo village near Itanagar under Papumpare district of Arunachal Pradesh on Friday. Official sources say that the incident occurred around 2 am.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art