Itanagar: Due to incessant rainfall, a landslide killed four persons at Modi Rijo village in 6 Kilo area of Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday.
The incident happened on Friday afternoon in which one person also got injured, informed Capital Complex SP Tumme Amo.
“The police and SDRF team have retrieved 3 dead bodies (till filling of the report) and efforts are being made to retrieve one more body,” said the SP.
Earlier on Friday, four of a family were buried alive in a landslide, triggered by incessant rains, in Tigdo village near Itanagar under Papumpare district of Arunachal Pradesh on Friday. Official sources say that the incident occurred around 2 am.
Also Read: NSCN-IM questions if PM Modi assigned ‘wrong person’ to solve Indo-Naga political issue
- BSF ADG visits Meghalaya, reviews force preparedness
- Arunachal: Smart streetlights installed at six places in Itanagar
- Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train reaches Guwahati
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising