Guwahati: Due to the increase in COVID-19 positive cases in Assam, Tezpur University has cancelled its entrance examinations. According to a statement by the university, it will admit students based on their performance in their last qualifying exam.
The exams were scheduled from May 29 to May 31, but got postponed a few times. The university statement read, “Unfortunately, there is no sign of improvement in the situation in the country in general and Assam in particular. Due to the prevailing situation, it is difficult for the aspiring candidates, invigilators and university representatives to reach the test centres located in different parts of the country & abroad to conduct the examination.”
Also Read: Dibrugarh woman refuses to give samples for Covid-19 test
Candidates who have submitted their online applications are now required to submit their mark sheet and grade cards. In case of a grading system, grade to percentage of marks conversion formula has to be submitted by the candidate. “The provision for online submission of mark sheets, grade cards, and other relevant documents will be intimated to the candidate through messages to their registered mobiles or by e-mail shortly. The last date for uploading the document is July 31, 2020,” read the statement.
Also Read: Tibet is Shangrila, a home we never saw
For any query, students may contact the university helpline numbers 03712-27-3142/49.
- LS passes Rs 1.48 lakh crore supplementary grants sans debate
- Long Covid infection linked with risk of ‘face blindness’: Study
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?