Shillong: After a gap of several weeks, 2 people from South West Garo Hills in Meghalaya recovered from COVID-19 on Wednesday.
The total active cases now stand at 52, with 45 patients recovering and 2 deaths. Director of Health Services Dr Aman War remains positive; he is expecting more patients to recover soon as all the 52 active cases are asymptomatic.
“Our job now is to prevent this figure from going up, and we will try our best. We are prepared with clinical care for severe cases. However, as of now, there are no severe cases. We can’t expect zero cases since new cases will continue to come in, but we are definite that these 52 cases will recover and the figure will come down,” said Dr War.
52 active COVID-19 cases district wise:
East Khasi Hills dist – 34, (26 from BSF- 25 male and 1 female, Air Force 2, both male, Others 6 (4 male and 2 female)
Ri Bhoi Dist- 14 (8 Male , 6 female)
South West Garo Hills Dist (NIL)
East Jaintia Hills Dist – 1 male
West Garo Hills Dist – 3 (2 male and 1 Female)
Meanwhile, the random testing being carried out at Ri-Bhoi-Khanapara border areas, so far 669 samples have been collected. From Rapid Test all have been found negative. The health officials have been able to complete Khanpara B and have reached 13 mile.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days
- Prominent personalities request B’desh PM to act against vandals
- Assam: Elephant found dead in Goalpara