Guwahati: The Assam home department has initiated process to take disciplinary action against some police officers who allegedly took part in a night party on a river cruise over Brahmaputra river recently violating all standing COVD-19 pandemic protocols and curfew norms.
The department took the initiative following a strict instruction from chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal to take disciplinary action against the police officers.
Photos of the police officers taking part in the night party on a cruise over Brahmaputra River went viral on social media recently.
“As per direction of chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal, the home department of the state government has initiated disciplinary action for transfer of several police officers who took part in a night party on a river cruise over Brahmaputra violating the lockdown and curfew norms in the city. The department has initiated steps for transfer of one DCP, four ACPs, two OCs, two SIs and one ASI of the city police who took part in the party,“ a press release issued by the state government said.
DCP Longnit Terang has been transferred to BIEO. Terang will be replaced by Gautam Bora.
ACP (Panbazar) Laba Kumar Deka has been transferred to Assistant Commandant, 4 APBn, while Noonmati ACP Jikirani Mahanta has been transferred to Commando Battalion, Mandakata.
ACP Jalukbari Jayanta Baruah too has been transferred to BIEO. Arunima Bhuyan, ACP, All Women Police Station, has been transferred to 4 APBn.
Further, OCs of Panbazar, Paltan Bazar along with two SIs and a ASI have also been transferred.
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges
- Tripura: Rifleman guns down colleagues in Sepahijala