Mumbai: Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday inaugurated a plasma donation centre at Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai.
Tendulkar urged recovered COVID patients to come forward and donate plasma blood which will help in treating active covid cases.
According to reports, the unit is an initiative of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
The former Indian batsman had earlier donated a sum of Rs 50 lakh to fight against the deadly virus.
Till date, Maharashtra remains the worst COVID-19 affected state in the country. It has 217,121 confirmed cases with 9250 death, while the country’s total stands at 742,417 cases of which 264,944 are active, 456,831 have been cured/migrated and 20,642 deaths.
- ‘The Creator’ looks and sounds brilliant but lacks everything else
- Sikkim: Citizen Action Party proposes ‘peace’ with SKM on Gandhi Jayanti
- Interview: Kenny Basumatary’s journey from ‘Local Kung Fu’ to ‘Jawan’
- Police Bust Illegal Cough Syrup Factory in Meghalaya
- Arunachal: ULFA-I cadres surrender to Assam Rifles, weapons handed over
- Tragic bridge collapse to delay inauguration of Mizoram railway project