Mumbai: Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday inaugurated a plasma donation centre at Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai.
Tendulkar urged recovered COVID patients to come forward and donate plasma blood which will help in treating active covid cases.
According to reports, the unit is an initiative of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
The former Indian batsman had earlier donated a sum of Rs 50 lakh to fight against the deadly virus.
Till date, Maharashtra remains the worst COVID-19 affected state in the country. It has 217,121 confirmed cases with 9250 death, while the country’s total stands at 742,417 cases of which 264,944 are active, 456,831 have been cured/migrated and 20,642 deaths.
- The Wet Ones: A love it or hate it movie with nightmarish dolls
- SpaceX: Maverick talks to space cruisers Rook, Nova, Hanks and Leo
- 5 easy tried and tested one-pot meals to ‘Netflix and chill’ this weekend
- COVID in schools: How ventilation can help to combat spread of the virus
- Indo-Nepal joint military training exercise in Pithoragarh from Monday
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize