New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a man in Madhya Pradesh killed his wife and put her body inside a bed box. Not only that, he slept on the same bed for two days with his dead wife still inside the under-bed wooden storage box.
According to news reports, the deceased has been identified as 32-year-old Arti Ahirwar and the husband named Sher Singh Ahirwar had killed her with an axe that was borrowed from his neighbour.
The neighbours informed the police in early hours when they noticed a foul smell. A police team arrived on the spot and discovered the body. When police started an investigation into the matter, they learned that Sher Singh had a drinking problem and often got violent with his wife.
“The accused confessed to have committed the crime two days back. He strangled his wife to death over some domestic feud,” the police officer investigating the case told the media.
Sher Singh has been arrested under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) on charges of murder and has been sent to jail after being produced before a court.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers