Imphal: Another five cases of COVID-19 were reported in Manipur, taking the total number of positive cases to 1,435 on Wednesday. All are from Senapati district, said officials.
They will be shifted to COVID-19 Care facilities for further examination, it said.
All necessary medical precautionary measures like contact tracing and containment process are in place.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, 22 more persons have recovered and discharged from COVId-19 Care Care (CCC) of Meitram (14), Senapati CCC (2), Kamjong CCC (1) and COVID-19 Care Facilities of RIMS (1) and JNIMS (4) after they were negative on RT PCR test.
Now, the numbers of active and recovered cases are 642 and 793, respectively.
And the recovery rate in the state has increased to 55.26%, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
As on July 8, a total of 2,96,366 persons have screened and 58,839 samples have been tested for COVID-19.
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study
- IPL: Struggling Mumbai Indians face inconsistent Punjab Kings
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- NASA: 9 million images, 5 decades of research and the Landsat legacy