New Delhi: Following the continuous efforts to reduce tensions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) in China moved back almost 2 km in Patrolling Point 15 in Ladakh’s Hot Springs sector on Wednesday.
The disengagement in Gogra is expected to be complete by Thursday. Sources said that even there, the PLA will move back 2 km.
Earlier, it was reported that China had pulled back entirely from Patrolling Point 14 and are said to be “well within their side of LAC in the valley”, satellite pictures of their positioning show.
The development came after talks between China’s foreign minister Wang Yi and national security advisor Ajit Doval, which Beijing termed as “positive”.
Wang and Doval held a telephonic conversation on Sunday evening.
The troops of India and China are locked in an eight-week standoff in several areas in eastern Ladakh including Pangong Tso, Galwan Valley and Gogra Hot Spring. The Chinese military on Monday began withdrawing troops from the Galwan Valley and Gogra Hot Spring.
India has made it clear to Beijing that the Chinese side took “pre-meditated and planned action” that was directly responsible for the resulting violence and casualties.
“It reflected an intent to change the facts on ground in violation of all our agreements to not change the status quo,” external affairs minister S Jaishankar told Wang during their phone conversation on June 17.
India has already banned 59 China-based-apps including TikTok, UC Browser, WeChat, etc. in a strong move to target China in the online space since the Galwan border crisis in June.
Last week, even Mike Pompeo, US secretary of state, welcomed the ban stating that they welcome the Indian app ban on Chinese apps as they can serve as appendages of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP’s) surveillance state.
He added that this approach by India will boost its sovereignty, integrity, and national security.