Shillong: A new headache for the Meghalaya government in the Greenwood wedding case. It has come to light that the people who crossed over to Assam to attend a wedding at Greenwood Resort at Khanapara also mingled with locals at a reception party in Shillong on July 2. The reception was hosted at the residence of the bride’s mother at Lower Lachumiere, Shillong.
The government is working to understand how 41 people managed to cross to the neighbouring state Assam, at a time when inter-state movement is restricted. According to reports, only five passes were issued.
A magisterial enquiry is on by the District Commissioners of Ri-Bhoi District and East Khasi Hills district. The government will decide on action to be taken against these people after the enquiry report is submitted.
The government on Tuesday has instructed that all persons who attended the reception at Lower Lachumiere, Shillong on July, 2, are to come forward for identification and further necessary action as per COVID-19 Protocols.
If people fail to comply with this instruction, it could invite penal action under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and other legal provisions.
The Surveillance Team of the Health & Family Welfare Department should be contacted by all concerned related to the above-mentioned matter at any of the following HELPLINE NUMBERS 96152-89714 I 94361-05494 I 89710-52320.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture