New Delhi: Passengers planning to travel with Vistara Airlines can now book the adjacent seat at a discounted price so as to keep it vacant, hence, promote social distancing.
According to reports, Vistara released a survey report on Monday stating that almost one-fourth passenger are worried that a co-passenger is not strictly adhering to COVID-19 health protocols.
Chief Commercial Officer of Vistara Vinod Kannan said that in order to publicise this offer, a letter has been sent out to all travel agents that passngers can book the seat next to them at the same price in order to keep it vacant. The discount offer for this scheme is currently under works.
Ever since travel restrictions were lifted from domestic commercial flights on May 25, the airlines has seen an average of about 50% – 60% flight occupancy.
The survey by Vistara was taken up by near about 6,000 customers. And 65% indicate that they will be flying in the next 6 months, with at least 35% travelling for work related purpose, and 25% to visit friends or family. Meanwhile, 31% respondents were wary of COVID-19, 24% worried that co-passengers would not adhere to health protocols and 15% were concerned about high flight fares.
Also Read: Manipur: Is deputy CM Y Joykumar Singh refusing reallocated portfolios without home dept?
- Blackpink member Jisoo tests COVID-19 positive, to miss [BORN PINK] World Tour shows in Japan
- India committed to enhancing ties with Nepal: President Murmu
- Assam: Tezpur Univ to host conference on India’s rich heritage
- Naga club vandalism: NSF directs members to hoist black flags
- Northeast Startup Festival held in Singapore
- UPSC offers alternative centres to Manipur candidates to appear for test