Agartala: Tripura on Monday registered one of the highest spikes of COVID-19 cases with 112 new positive cases taking the tally to 1,693 so far.
With this the active cases stands at 460, while 1,219 persons have been discharged after recovery.
Of the total 1260 samples tested on Monday, 122 persons tested positive for COVID-19.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Alert ~
112 people found COVID-19 #POSITIVE today in #Tripura out of 1260 samples tested.
The count includes:
Khowai Dist: 40
West Dist: 14
Sepahijala Dist: 9
Dhalai Dist: 3
South Dist: 3
North Dist: 1
Meanwhile, as per the COVID-19 report issued by the health department, 460 persons are undergoing treatment in different COVID care centres in the state, while 1,219 persons have been discharged after they recovered from the virus.
A total of 52,307 persons were placed under surveillance. Out of this, 47,288 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period.
As on Monday, there are 273 persons in facility quarantine and 4,746 persons in-home quarantine in state.
A total of 74,152 samples have been collected of which 73,059 have been tested.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers