Kohima: The Assam Rifles (AR) along with the Nagaland Police busted an extortion racket operated by the NSCN-IM in Dimapur recently. Two active cadres of the NSCN-IM and four accomplices were apprehended by the security forces.
An update from PRO Defence said that as part of the ongoing crackdown by Assam Rifles on insurgent groups, the two active NSCN (IM) cadres along with the accomplices were apprehended near Green Park in Dimapur district on July 4.
One point 22 pistol (made in USA), one AK 56 rifle with magazine, one point 22 rifle Zerujorka with magazine, one model CZ 99 precision calibre 22 long rifle with magazine, two packets of RDX explosive, Rs 1,58,72,800/- in cash, besides other incriminating materials were recovered from their possession.
The apprehended persons along with the recovered items were handed over to Diphupar Police Station for further investigations.
Meanwhile, a sources told EastMojo that the arrested NSCN-IM cadres were identified as self-styled colonel Rayilung Nsarangbe, a resident of Toulazouma village in Dimapur and self-styled private Lamci Iralu, a resident of Benreu village under Peren district.
The accomplices were identified as Zingring Mung from Toulvi village under Ukhrul district of Manipur, Zingshonggam Muinao from Sondal village in Ukhrul, Rabi Pame from 5th Mile Model village in Dimapur and Vimal Kumar Jain from Jain Temple Road in Dimapur.
- G-20 summit a golden opportunity to highlight Assam’s culture: Sonowal
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions
- Railways to recruit for IRMS through Civil Services Examination
- 16-pound baby born in Brazil: what adds to risk of having a giant baby?
- Development, tribal welfare will be BJP’s poll planks: Tripura CM