Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh reported its second death due to COVID-19 on Monday. The 40-year-old male patient was a resident of West Kameng district and was suffering from chronic kidney disease. He was referred to Tomo Riba Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (TRIHMS) at Naharlagun for dialysis and died on Monday morning.
With 176 active cases, 92 recoveries and two deaths, the state’s total COVID-19 tally is 270.
With 84 cases, Capital Complex still has the highest number of COVID-19 cases, followed by Changlang with 40 cases and West Kameng with 20 cases.
Previously, a 43-year-old woman succumbed to the virus. The woman, a resident of West Kameng district, was suffering from chronic kidney disease and had returned from Delhi on June 11. She was kept at an institutional quarantine at Dirang. As her health deteriorated, she was tested for COVID-19 and was found positive on June 23.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry