New Delhi: Union MoS (Independent) for Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya on July 7 during a high level meeting said that around 194 existing lighthouses in the country would be upgraded as major tourist attractions.
While speaking to the media, Mandaviya said that this move will boost tourism activities in and around the lighthouses and provide the tourists a glimpse to the rich history of the lighthouses.
A detailed plan for developing the lighthouses into major tourist attractions was discussed during the meeting with the officials.
Mandaviya also instructed the officials present during the meeting to identify those lighthouses that are atleast 100 years old.
He also proposed the creating of museums to showcase the rich history and working mechanisms of lighthouses.
According to the draft proposal plan of lighthouses, some key attractions to be constructed would be museums, children play are, aquarium and gardens.
The meeting chaired by Mansukh Mandaviya was attended by Secretary, Shipping Ministry, DG, Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships and various other stakeholders.
- Nagaland ranks sixth in State Food Safety Index among small states
- Sonowal files RS nomination from Assam, likely to be elected unopposed
- Meghalaya Lottery September 21: Check Future Torrent Morning lottery result
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- NASA: Look out for this Corn, Barley, Fruit, Potato Harvest Moon
- Mizo nationalism our driving force: CM Zoramthanga