Guwahati: Assam reported one more COVID-19 related death on Tuesday morning, making it the state’s 15th fatality. A 40-year-old from Koliabor, Nagaon who was on admitted in Gauhati Medical College and Hospital’s COVID ICU succumbed to death today.
The deceased, Dhadaram Maru was on invasive ventilation, had severe pneumonia and in septic shock.
Condoling the death, state health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote on Twitter: “Very sad to inform that another #COVID19 + patient Sri Dhadaram Mura (40) of Koliabor, Nagaon admitted in GMCH Covid ICU on July 1, succumbed to the infection today at 9 am. He was on invasive ventilation; had severe pneumonia and septic shock.
My condolences to Mura family.”
Assam is on a steep uphill climb when it comes ot COVID-19 cases, yesterday itself the state reported 786 cases of which 598 cases are from Guwahati city. It is to be noted that Kamrup (Metro) district is currently under a stringent 14-days lockdown, as the district appears to be a hotspot for the highly contagious virus.
So far, the state has recorded 12,522 cases of which 7882 have been cured, 4622 active, 15 death and migrated to other states.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- NASA: Look out for this Corn, Barley, Fruit, Potato Harvest Moon
- Mizo nationalism our driving force: CM Zoramthanga
- 5 affordable smartwatches with Spo2 sensors ideal for COVID-19 times
- Raj Kundra walks out of Mumbai jail after bail in pornographic films case
- 453 held in Assam for illegal land broking activities