Imphal: Another 40 more persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 1,430, said an official report on Tuesday.
Of the 40 fresh cases, 26 are reported from Senapati, five each from Jiribam and Kangpokpi, two from Kakching and one each from Imphal East and Churachandpur districts.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the latest cases in the last 24 hours include 29 male and 11 female, adding that they will be shifted to COVID-19 care facilities for further observation.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, 37 more persons were discharged from COVID-19 Care Centers (CCC) — Meiteam (23), Ukhrul CCC (1), isolation ward of district hospital Thoubal (5) and COVID-19 care facilities of RIMS (1) and JNIMS (7) — after they were found COVID-19 free on RT-PCR test, it said.
The total number of active cases and recovered patients now stand at 659 and 771, respectively. Moreover, the recovery rate of COVID-19 patients in Manipur is 53.91%, said Dr Mangang.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal