Guwahati: At a time when the floods in Assam have affected more than six lakh people spread across 17 districts, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rainfall at isolated places in the state in next couple of days.
More than eight lakh domestic animals and same number of poultry have also been affected due to the floods in Assam.
Also Read: Flood situation in Assam improves
However, flood situation in Lakhimpur, Sivasagar, Bongaigaon, Hojai, Udalguri, Majuli and West Karbi Anglong districts has now improved gradually during the last 24 hours
Various rescue agencies of the state and Central government are working day and night to rescue the affected people and offer relief services, including distribution of relief material to the affected villagers.
Also, a sudden rise in the number of cases of COVID-19 has been witnessed in Assam with Guwahati being the worst affected with rising number of cases everyday due to community transmission in the city.
- Assam govt to review Pollution Control Board order restricting fire crackers
- Officials say 18 villagers shot dead at mosque in Nigeria
- Netflix: ‘Breaking Bad’ tops list as Netizens discuss all time fave shows
- Bengal logs 805 new COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 26
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 26