Shillong: Meghalaya on Monday witnessed the highest spike of COVID-19 cases taking the total positive cases in the state to 80 (36 active, 43 recovered, 1 death).
Addressing the media, health minister AL Hek informed that eight positive cases were detected on Monday.
“Out of the 8 cases detected, 1 is from West Garo Hills District,1 from Ri Bhoi, 6 from East Khasi Hills District,” said Hek.
Of the six fresh cases in East Khasi Hills, five were of BSF and one from a wedding attendee at Greenwood.
So far 21,846 samples have bee sent for testing out of which 21,223 have tested negative.
A breakdown of the 36 active cases in Meghalaya:
18 from East Khasi Hills–17 BSF and one wedding attendee.
12 from Ri Bhoi – 7 male and 5 female
2 from South West Garo Hills- both male
1 from East Jaintia Hills
3 from West Garo Hills– 2 male 1 female
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly