Guwahati: With 1,202 cases, Assam recorded the biggest single-day spike in COVID-19 cases on Saturday. With this, the total number of positive cases has soared to 11,001 in the state so far.
Of the 1,202 COVID-19 positive cases reported on Saturday, a total of 777 cases were from the city of Guwahati alone.
Assam health and family welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter to announce this spike. He tweeted: “Alert ~ In the biggest spike ever, Assam on 4th July reported 1202 cases, 777 of these from Guwahati City alone. Time for all of us to be extra vigilant.
Total cases 11001
Active cases 4657
However, still maintaining the high recovery rate than active cases, the state has discharged 416 COVID-19 patients from various civil, district, and model hospitals of Assam.
Sarma wrote on twitter, “Discharge Alert. Glad to share that 416 more patients have been discharged today from various civil, district & model hospitals in Assam
Our best wishes to them
Total Discharged Patients – 6743
Active Patients – 4241
11:55 PM/July 04/Day’s total 416.”
Meanwhile, on Saturday, the government of Assam announced certain relaxations in the ongoing 14-day total lockdown starting from July 5 to 12.
- BCCI may approach Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman for head coach post
- Over 7 lakh people vaccinated in Assam on PM’s birthday
- 37 new cases push Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally to 30,839
- Assam CM dedicates 14 oxygen generators to people
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 30,780
- Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul strike an error