Imphal: Another nine samples tested positive for COVID-19 at VRDL in Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) in Manipur on Saturday, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 1,325.
Of the latest cases, six persons are from Senapati, two from Imphal East and one from Bishnupur district.
All the new cases will be shifted to COVID-19 care facilities for further treatment, informed additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Meanwhile, another 28 persons were discharged from COVID-19 care centers (CCC) in the last 24 hours after they were found negative on RT-PCR test. A total of 16 persons were discharged from Meitram CCC, eight from Senapati district hospital isolation ward and four from Thoubal CCC, it said.
Now, the total number of recovered cases has surpassed the active cases in the state with 667 and 658, respectively. Recovery rate has also increased to 50.33%.
- Arunachal: 11 teachers from Diyun Circle honoured for excellent work
- War veteran doctor, snake catchers, ‘Rasna’ creator among Padma awardees
- Tripura tribal leader who played important role in tackling insurgency on Padma list
- In a first, Assam minister unfurls Tricolour along India-Bangla border
- ‘The Whale’ is a horror film that taps into our fear of fatness
- SDF seeks President’s rule in Sikkim