Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government on Saturday announced a complete lockdown in the Capital Complex for one week starting 5 am on Monday [July 6] to 5 pm on Sunday [July 12]. Capital Complex comprises of Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nirjuli and Banderdewa.
This decision was taken as a reactionary measure to the sudden rise in COVID-19 cases in the capital complex.
With 81 active cases, the Capital Complex has the highest number of COVID-19 cases in the state. So far, the state has 176 active cases, 75 recovered and one death.
However, the government is still working on the detailed guidelines which will be made public soon.
Chief minister Pema Khandu in his tweet said: “Itanagar capital complex will be under lockdown from 6th July (Monday) till 12th July (Sunday).
Detailed Guidelines and SOP for compliance will be issued shortly.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands