Mumbai: With the onset of COVID-19 pandemic, face masks have now become a daily-use accessory. From cotton masks to the medical-grade ones to DIY handmade masks, they have made their way into the market in various forms, types, designs and colours.
However, a Pune resident’s face mask takes the cake. Mind it, it’s no ordinary mask, but a mask made of gold and worth Rs 2.89 lakh.
Also Read: PM Modi asks CMs to ensure 100% use of masks
Meet Shankar Kurade, a resident of Pimpri-Chinchwad of Pune, who had a custom-made gold mask made with minute holes so that he would not face any trouble in breathing. Moreover, only the face cover is made of gold as the strings had to be the regular ones and were spared from the golden makeover. However, its effectiveness against the novel coronavirus is something even Kurade is not sure of.
After the flashy images of a man in a golden mask were shared on Twitter, the social media site went on a roll with his golden mask on the centre of discussion.
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion
- The Best Online Casinos In India: Sign Up Now And Grab Yourself A Bonus!
- Paddler Payas Jain becomes World No. 1 in U-17 category