Shillong: Five youths — all in the age group of 20 to 24 years — were allegedly assaulted at Lawsohtun locality of capital Shillong in Meghalaya on Friday. The youths were attacked by a gang of around 20 persons who were armed with iron rods and sticks.
According to assistant Inspector General of Police GK Iangrai, the incident of assault at Lawsohtun took place at 12:30 pm on Friday.
Iangrai informed that the five boys, who are from different localities of Shillong, came to play basketball at Lawsohtun block VI and have been coming to the ground for the past two weeks.
“Today, some boys numbering around 20 came to the ground and assaulted them with iron rods, sticks and bamboos. They were taken to Woodland Hospital. They have been discharged from hospital after treatment. FIR filed by parents of three boys. It is being registered now,” informed Iangrai.
According to one of the witnesses, the person mentioned that the basketball court was soaked in blood. The miscreants were armed and had locked the entrance of the court to avoid the boys from escaping while attacking them.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands