Imphal: A total of 37 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Manipur on Friday, with 28 cases from Jiribam, six from Ukhrul and three from Thoubal districts.
Now, the total confirmed cases in the state has surged to 1,316, including 677 active cases and 639 recovere, in Manipur.
With 23 more persons recovered in the last 24 hours, the recovery rate has also increased to 48.55%, as per a statement issued by additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
The discharged persons are from COVID-19 Care Center (CCC) of Meitram with 11, two from Chandel CCC, five from Kasom Khullen CCC in Kamjong, two from Ukhrul CCC and the remaining three from COVID-19 Care facility at RIMS, after they were found free from the coronavirus on RT-PCR test.
The new patients will be shifted to the COVID-19 care facilities for further observation and moreover, necessary precautionary steps to control the spread of the viruses in place, said Dr Mangang.
Till now, the psychological support team has conducted 9,227 counselling sessions and benefitted 7,449 individuals, it said.
Efforts are on to look after the mental well being of the people affected by COVID-19, informed Dr Mangang.
For any psychological counselling, one may avail tele-service by calling 8787457035, 9402751364 and 7629943596.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19